Are Dental Implants Right for You?
This may sound cliché, but your smile truly is your best feature. It’s the first thing people see when they meet you.
If you have damaged or missing teeth, you might feel self-conscious and avoid smiling as much as possible. But… it doesn’t have to be that way!
If you have multiple teeth that need replacing, you may have considered dentures – even though you know they’re uncomfortable, difficult to care for, and don’t last long.
Maybe you’ve been considering dental implants, but you’re just not sure if they’re the right option for you.
Let us answer some questions you might have about dental implants. Hopefully, it will help you make an informed decision that you’ll feel good about – whether you have just one tooth to replace or all your teeth!
First, let’s get some of the common misconceptions about dental implants out of the way. Sometimes, people think that dental implants are painful, involve a complicated procedure, are uncomfortable, require long periods of recovery, or are too expensive.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Dental implants are a long-lasting solution. On average, they can last 25 years or longer… making them a great permanent solution for missing or damaged teeth.
- Dental implants are virtually pain-free and require no downtime. You’ll have zero downtime with a dental implant procedure. The discomfort level has been compared to getting a filling. While you may experience some minor swelling in the first few days, it can be easily controlled with over-the-counter pain medicine.
- Dental implants are better than bridges or dentures. They last longer. They’re more comfortable. And they don’t damage any of your surrounding teeth, unlike bridges. They also fit into your mouth just like your natural tooth would… while dentures have been reported to be uncomfortable and look fake.
- Dental implants are cosmetically appealing. They look natural and they are professionally-matched to your current tooth color, so they blend right in with your natural teeth… giving you a full, confident smile.
- Dental implants are comfortable. Because the screw mimics your tooth’s natural root, dental implants are very comfortable and feel just like your natural teeth in your mouth. After the procedure is complete, you’ll forget you even have them!
- Dental implants are surprisingly affordable. It’s likely that your dental implants will last a lifetime. They are comfortable they and look and feel natural in your mouth. Even still, you can expect to pay only in the low thousands per tooth. Most reputable practices offer affordable payment plans that make them even more affordable. And… depending on the reason for the implant, some insurances may even cover the procedure!
Once you’ve decided that dental implants are right for you, you should reach out to competent, experienced dental implant specialists to set up a consultation to get any remaining questions answered.
Dr. David Salmassy at Auburn Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery specializes in these advanced dental procedures.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons, like Dr. Salmassy, are unique among dentists in that they all have completed an additional four years of hospital-based training alongside medical residents, and can administer all types of anesthesia.
Further, Dr. Salmassy works in a state-of-the-art surgical center designed to deliver exceptional patient care using the most advanced technology available, including a 3D Cone Beam Scanner, which provides pristine, 3D images of the jaw and mouth areas for a more thorough, comprehensive examination and better preparation.
Set up your free consultation now and get all the information you need to make the right decision. No pressure. Just real, helpful information and an evaluation of your specific needs.
Click below or call to schedule your appointment and get on track to regaining your beautiful smile!